Graphic Designer & Web Management
Position Title: Graphic Designer & Web Management
Reports to: Director of Performing Arts
Compensation: $10.00 per hour, with adjustment in 90 days
Benefits: As per personnel manual
Job Type: This is a permanent, part-time, 12-month position at 20-30 hours per week, depending upon needs.
The following describes the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not an exhaustive and complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Job Summary: This is a graphics, web development/maintenance, social media and marketing position. This person performs project-based graphics and web design and implementation tasks for Paramount departments, which currently include: 1) Theater, 2) Visual Arts Center, 3) Education and Outreach Programs, 4) Gallery St. Germain, located in the Regency Building, and 5) Paramount Gifts and Gallery adjacent to the Theater building.
(55%) Graphic Design Duties
Graphic responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare, proof and submit all print materials. This includes, but is not limited to, newspapers, magazines, postcards, posters, flyers, brochures, inserts, and numerous other varieties of print materials.
- Maintain a calendar of print deadlines and submit material in a timely manner
- Initiate and maintain positive relationships with media representatives
- Possess an artistic eye in the creation of print materials
- Occasional original logo designs
(25%) Web Management and Development
- Maintain all elements of the Paramount website. This includes publishing, updating and monitoring content, blogging, and class management software
- Research options for third party software and implement when beneficial
(10%) Electronic Marketing Duties
- Create and schedule email newsletters
- Facebook, Twitter
- Electronic Press Releases
(10%) Other Duties
- Occasional photography, DVD creation
- Powerpoint presentations
- Keep current on new graphics design and web software and applications
- Take initiative in making recommendations for software purchases and new formats of communication
- Provide input regarding overall marketing strategies and components
- Other duties as assigned
This position has no regular supervisory responsibilities, but occasionally supervises interns or other graphics workers contracted for specific projects.
Specific Knowledge & Experience Desired
- 1-2 years of related experience, or a 2 or 4 year degree
- Advanced skills in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- WordPress Website Platform
- Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp
- Microsoft Office
- Mac OSX, iMovie and iDVD
- Canon DSLR’s
- Familiarity with digital photography, HTML, Dropbox, knowledge of 3D modeling software such as Cinema 4D a plus, but not necessary.
- General nerdiness is a plus.
General Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to work creatively with speed and accuracy
- Must have strong organizational skills and be comfortable working on a multitude of tasks at the same time
- Able to show initiative and make creative decisions
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under potentially stressful conditions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, pleasant and respectful relationships with supervisors, colleagues, venue patrons, board members, artists, media representatives and volunteers
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to refrain from all negative and disrespectful discussions and behaviors in the work environment
- Ability to appreciate the contributions that each unique person makes to the Paramount Theatre and Visual Arts Center
The employee is required to regularly walk, talk, and hear colleagues and clients in person and over the telephone. The employee must be able to use a computer with keyboard and view a standard size computer monitor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
To apply for this position, please send:
1) Cover Letter
3) Five sample of graphics work
Send these materials via email or in hard copy to:
Director of Performing Arts
Parmaount Theatre and Visual Arts Center
913 West St. Germain Street
St. Cloud, MN 56301
Applications will be taken through Friday May 7th.
Interviews will be May 13th through June 7th.
The selected candidate will work with the current graphics designer and web manager during the month of July, and will take over the position fully in late July or early August.