Graphic Designer & Web Management / Marketing Department
Position Title: Graphic Designer & Web Development
Reports to: Director of Performing Arts
Compensation: $12.00 per hour, with adjustment in 90 days
Benefits: As per personnel manual
Job Type: This is a permanent, part-time, 12-month position at 25-30 hours per week, depending upon needs.
The following describes the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not an exhaustive and complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Job Summary: This is a graphics, web development/maintenance, social media and marketing position. This person performs project-based graphics and web design and implementation tasks for Paramount departments, which currently include: 1) Theater, 2) Visual Arts Center, 3) Education and Outreach Programs, 4) Gallery St. Germain, located in the Regency Building, and 5) Paramount Gifts and Gallery adjacent to the Theater building.
(60%) Graphic Design Duties
Graphic responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare, proof and submit all print materials. This includes, but is not limited to, newspapers, magazines, postcards, posters, flyers, brochures, inserts, and numerous other varieties of print materials.
- Maintain a calendar of print deadlines and submit material in a timely manner
- Initiate and maintain positive relationships with media representatives
- Exercise an artistic eye in the creation of print materials
- Occasional original logo designs
(25%) Web Management and Development
- Maintain all elements of the Paramount website. This includes publishing, updating and monitoring content, blogging and class management software.
- Keep current on new graphics design and web software and applications
(12%) Electronic Marketing Duties
- Create and schedule email newsletters
- Facebook, Twitter
- Electronic Press Releases
(3%) Other Duties
- Occasional photography, DVD creation, Powerpoint presentations
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has no regular supervisory responsibilities, but occasionally supervises interns or other graphics workers contracted for specific projects.
Specific Knowledge & Experience Desired
Crtitical Knowledge and Skills:
- Significant Knowledge of and experience with InDesign and Photoshop, OR
- 1-2 years of related experience, or a 2 or 4 year degree
- Advanced skills in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience with WordPress Website Platform, or a strong understating of web operations and the ability to learn WordPress
Other Desired Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Canon DSLR’s
- Mac OSX, iMovie and iDVD
- Familiarity with digital photography, HTML, Dropbox, knowledge of 3D modeling software such as Cinema 4D a plus, but not necessary.
General Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to work creatively with speed and accuracy
- Ability to take direction from a wide variety of personnel
- Must have strong organizational skills and be comfortable working on a multitude of tasks at the same time
- Able to show initiative and make creative decisions
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, pleasant and respectful relationships
The employee is required to regularly talk and hear colleagues and clients in person and over the telephone. The employee must be able to use a computer with keyboard and view a standard size computer monitor. The employee will occasionally be required to lif boxes of printed materials weighting 10-15 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
To apply for this position, please send:
- Cover Letter
- Five sample of graphics work
- Names of three references
Send these materials via email or in hard copy to:Laurie Johnson Director of Performing Arts Paramount Theatre and Visual Arts Center 913 West St. Germain Street St. Cloud, MN 56301 email@example.com
Applications for this position will be accepted through May 30th. Interviews will take place mid-May through early June. The successful candidate will begin work in mid-June.